Thursday, January 21, 2010

R

R is for Rowena. Rowena is one of my best friends in the entire world. I have known her since I was four years old. Because we ride the bus together every day, we get to spend quite a lot of time together and we really know each other well. She is always there when I want to talk, and she never lets me down. Sure she's pretty quiet, but when Rowena does talk, it's either HILARIOUS, or definitely worth listening to. She can make me laugh when I'm close to tears, and she can give me great advice when I'm confused.

Rowena loves horses just as much as I do. Sometimes we end up seeing each other at competitions. Rowena even has a barn right at her house (which to me seems like heaven), so she spends a lot of time with horses, and knows A LOT about them. She is a great person to talk to when you have questions about horses or when you want to talk to someone who will understand what you are dealing with. She has a pretty crazy horse named Max, who she loves to death. Honestly, I have no idea how she stays on Max! He is very energetic and faster than the wind! Max is a bay, which means he is brown, with a black mane and tail. He has a white star, right on the middle of his forehead. He is so cute! (Not as cute as Mister T, but a close second!) Max and Rowena are a pretty funny pair. She can be quiet, responsible and mature, while he can be cheeky, spunky and spirited. Perhaps what they say is true: opposites do attract!

Rowena and I aren't opposites though. We have a lot in common (not just horses). We share a lot of the same interests, ideas and opinions. We can work well together because we have similar styles. Rowena and I both find the same things funny and when we start to laugh~warning~it can be dangerous! Remembering to breath can be a challenge. I really enjoy the time I spend with Rowena.

Life Lesson: Good friends help you navigate the long journey of life. Good friends are always there for you. Good friends never let you down. Have a good friend. Be a good friend.

As Walter Winchell once said, "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

2 comments:

  1. I thought we agreed that Max and Mister T were EQUAL!!!!! But apart from that I agree with everything else you said!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agreed that they were equal the day AFTER I posted that!

    ReplyDelete